Replacements - Who's Available - Reassign a Shift
If a helper calls in sick, is called out, or you would like to change the assignment for a shift, simply click the shift and choose another helper. The list of helpers displays in order of availability and help time preferences
with the best recommended helpers listed first. If helpers have entered their schedule preferences, the list will sort the helpers in order by who prefers to help at that time on that day. The list can also be sorted alphabetically by clicking the Name column title.
Find a replacement for a shift using the By Helper view
From the By Helper View:
- Click the shift that you want to change to open the "Quick Shift EDIT" window
- Click the "Show Available Helpers" link
- Then in the Shift Change window you can see a list of available helpers - sorted by who prefers that shift time.
- You can choose what helper information appears in that grid by clicking the "Select Columns" link
- To choose a new helper, click their name (to see a helper's details, double-click their name)
- You can choose "None (Unassigned Shift)". If the schedule is published and you have set "all unassigned shifts to appear on the Tradeboard" on your SETTINGS>Global Helper Permissions page, then the shift will automatically be posted to the Tradeboard until a helper is assigned or picks it up
- Then click the Save button.
Find a replacement for a shift on all other weekly views:
From any weekly Schedule View:
Another way to see who might be a good choice for a replacement
- Click the shift that you want to change to directly open the Shift Change window
is to click the "Availability Chart" link in that window. This gives a graphical view of who is available and who likes that time period along with each helper's number of hours under their maximum for that week.
Changes made to a shift in the last 45 days are recorded in each shift's Shift History