Coordinators (with permission to Edit Helpers) can set Cannot Help times for each Helper down to fifteen minute increments for each day of the week and also for specific dates.
AutoFill will not assign the Helper during Cannot Help times. This can be useful, for example, when a Helper can never work after 10:15 PM, etc. or if you want to set the Helper to be off every other Wednesday. Note: Setting Cannot Help times does NOT affect any already assigned shifts - only shifts assigned in the future using AutoFill.
WhenToHelp defaults to having the Helpers NOT being able to enter their own Cannot Help Times. You can change this option on the SETTINGS>Global Helper Permissions
page and allow Helpers to set their own Cannot Help times.
To set Cannot Help Times for a Helper:
From any page:
- In the top menu, click HELPERS to open the Helper List page
- Click the magnifying glass icon next to the helper's name to open the View Helper Details window
- Click the Schedule - Preferences tab
- The "REPEATING Weekly Preferences" (and "FUTURE REPEATING Preferences") should be set first (1.) - and then if a certain date is different, use the "Date Specific Preferences" (2.)
- Click the Red Cannot Help Button and "paint" the cells that correspond to times this helper cannot help by clicking and holding down the left mouse button while over the times (or click day name to color the whole day).
- OR you can load any saved preference templates or use the form to enter times
- Enter all of the Repeating Weekly Cannot Help times (or other "prefer" or "dislike" preferences)
- Click the Save button
- To set Cannot Help times for specific dates that are different from repeating, click the Set DATE SPECIFIC Prefs button
- Click or paint days to set the whole date as Cannot Help.
- Double click a date to set hourly Cannot Help times for that date.
- Paint times for that date and click the Save button
- The date will appear blue to show special hourly preferences on that day.
- After setting the preferences for that day, you can click the COPY Preferences button and then copy these same preferences to another specific date.
You can also click the button to "Clear Custom Preferences For This Day