Export to Outlook - using Google Calendar Export
To view shifts in Outlook, the recommended method is to set up an Export to Google Calendar
, then follow the steps below to link up your Google Calendar and Outlook. This can be done by coordinators and helpers and ensures that the shifts are updated in Outlook when schedules change or new shifts are published.
After creating your Export to Google Calendar
Sign in to your Google Account and open your Google Calendar.
- Click the down arrow next to "My calendars" (A below) and choose "Settings" (B)
- Click the name of your WhenToHelp Google Calendar (C)
- Scroll down to "Private Address" and click the green ICAL button (D)
- Right-click the URL and choose "Copy link address" (E)
Launch Outlook and click Calendar
- In Outlook 2007 - In the top menu under "Tools", choose "Account Settings" (A below) and click to the "Internet Calendars" tab (B) and click "New" (C)
In Outlook 2010 - In the Home menu ribbon, in the “Manage Calendars” pane, click "Open Calendar" and choose "From Internet"
- Click in the input field and Paste the URL - (hold down CTRL and press V) and click Add (D)
- Under Update Limit, UNCHECK the box (E) and click OK (F)
You can now view your Google Calendar from Outlook.
Note: To view your WhenToHelp calendar overlaid or merged with your other Outlook calendar:
- Check off all calendars listed in left column that you want to merge so they are side by side
- Click the little left arrow button in the top tab of the calendar next to the calendar name to overlay it.