WhenToHelp provides a method for coordinators to send out an urgent text message alert to helpers' and coordinators' cell phones or email.
Each helper and coordinator must sign in and set which email or text message address will receive these alerts (or the coordinator can set this up for helpers
To send an urgent text alert:
- Hover over MESSAGING in the top menu and choose Send Urgent Text Alert.
- The Urgent Alert page will show the number of users who are signed up to receive these alerts next to each group
- Type the alert text up to 150 characters and be sure to include your name in the message so they know who it is from
- Choose who to send the alert to
- Check the box to send a copy to your email or text address which also will include a list of recipients
- Click the Send button and the alert is sent to all users who have chosen to receive them.
If you do not see the checkbox to send a copy to yourself, be sure that you have set up your email and/or text address notifications to include Urgent Text Alerts on your Settings>My Noti