Helpers Signing In - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Should I Let Helpers Sign In to See Their Schedules?
YES! There is no downside or extra cost for allowing helpers to sign into their account and use WhenToHelp.
When you add a helper at WhenToHelp, we automatically create a helper account for them with a unique temporary username and password. This allows each helper to sign in at WhenToHelp.com via their computer or phone to see published schedules, request time off, and any other functions that you allow them to perform.
If you enter an email address
for a helper, they can retrieve their username and password at any time using the "Need your Username or Password?" link on the WhenToHelp Sign In page.
Allowing helpers to sign in to see their schedule can be a great benefit both to them and to you as the coordinator. It is easy to notify all your helpers about their sign in instructions
. There is no extra cost to give your helpers access to WhenToHelp. It can save you time and improve communication. Helpers can also enter their own email/text message addresses and notification choices, time off requests, help time preferences, trade shifts, and many other things if you allow them (these options are controlled on the coordinator SETTINGS>Helper Permissions
page). When helpers sign in, they are always seeing the most up-to-date schedule. We highly recommend allowing your helpers to sign in to WhenToHelp. Click here
to sign in live to a sample organization and explore the helper Interface.
to view the helper topic-based help.
When Helpers sign in they can:
- View Published schedules and schedule notes
- Export their schedule to Google Calendar
- Download VCAL VCS file of their schedule to use in Outlook
- See any Helper Homepage Notice you have posted
- View your organization's Bulletin Board
- Make changes to their contact information
- Set up what events trigger an email or text message notification to them
- Change their Username and Password
- View staff list (SETTINGS options control what information they see)
- Set whether other helpers can view their phone number and email
- Message coordinators and other helpers
On your SETTINGS>Global Helper Permissions page you also can allow them to:
- Request Time Off (with or without Coordinator Approval)
- View Everyone's Schedule (Daily, Weekly & Monthly, Charts)
- Set the times they prefer and dislike helping (which you can always choose to override)
- Set their own "Cannot Help" hours
- See Who's On Now & Later
- Set whether they prefer or dislike helping each Position (or Location)
- Add entries to the organization Bulletin Board
- View the Tradeboard
- Trade shifts with other helpers ("At Will" or with "Coordinator Approval")
- Drop a shift if another helper agrees to pick it up ("At Will" or with "Coordinator Approval")
- Set their own shifts to be unassigned (take themselves off shifts)
- See Unassigned shifts on Everyone's Schedule
- Pick up Unassigned Shifts ("At Will" or with "Coordinator Approval")
- See when and where other helpers will be on a certain day
- See other helpers' availability and help time preferences for their shifts